Doesn’t everyone deserve the same chances in life? Don’t we all want to fit in with our peers, build relationships, and be part of an inclusive society?
The answer is YES! Despite many efforts, there is still a need for education, training, and additional services to fill existing gaps for people with low vision. Here at STRIVE4You, we aim to fill these gaps through professional opportunities, disability awareness training, mentoring and adaptive physical and recreational activities.
Empower all individuals through training and recreation while educating professionals to serve their clients better. Through our services and peer-to-peer programs, we strive each and every day to achieve an inclusive and more productive society for all. We reach this goal through our core principles.
- Life skills and advocacy classes for transition-age youth
- Adaptive physical activities for children of all ages
- Recreation and sports
- Programs for people with low vision
- Safety education and self-defense training
- Peer-to-peer life coaching and mentoring from successful people of all abilities to assist our clients through their individual situations
- Consulting, professional development opportunities and outreach services in communities across the United States
- Providing tools and teaching to ensure every person has an equal opportunity to live a productive and fulfilling life
- Webinars, online courses, in-person hands-on workshops and seminars at conferences
About Our Board of Directors
Our dedicated board of directors brings unique qualities and years of experience as they oversee our fantastic organization. This four-member board brings a lot to the table with over 55 years of leadership, professional expertise and real-life experience.
Our diverse group of leaders includes athletes with more than 20 years of experience in the vocational rehabilitation field, plus experience in business management, government contracting, business ownership and leadership in different industries.
Each board member is actively involved in governing the organization while enthusiastically engaged in fundraising, consulting, instructing, and mentoring, as they firmly believe in leading by example.
We are proud that 75% of our board is composed of people with disabilities who can relate to the everyday struggles of those we serve. Our team passionately believes that obstacles cannot define us when striving to achieve!
Join Our Team!
Our mission is to empower all individuals through training and recreation while educating professionals to better serve their clients. We strive to reach this mission through professional development opportunities, disability awareness training, mentoring and adaptive physical and recreational activities.